Pages

Friday, July 22, 2011

Preview: Dreadrock Dungeon Level 1-2

click to enlarge

Here's a quick preview of level 1-2 of the Dreadrock megadungeon project.  I still have to clean it up, and key it.  This one will feature a higher empty room vs monster ratio than level 1-1, as this quadrant's population isn't as dense.  I'm hoping to have it keyed up and compiled into a PDF by this weekend.  That large octagonal "room" is actually the ruins of the ancient dwarven proving grounds arena.  That large cavernous looking area is actually a chasm which drops down several levels with a stone bridge stretching across, which the dwarves used for mining and moving ores and precious metals to the top level for working in the forge.

5 comments:

  1. I like it--dense construction but not too dense, nice crossroad rooms here and there to provide it with a sense or regularity but with enough asymmetry and unpredictable shape to keep things interesting.

    8.5/10

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I wasn't to pleased with how the lines came out for the shading, or whatever you'd call it. I will probably touch it up in photoshop quite a bit, although I generally don't like to do that because I prefer the hand drawn look overall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that the background lines have a bit of a sweep to them, and that they're less dense in the top left. It adds an extra element of texture to the whole thing. I too tend to prefer the hand-drawn look.

    You'll see how much better your hand-drawn maps look than mine in a few days when I put up the first of my Citadel of the Edge maps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny you mention that because only a few minutes before you commented, I had just finished reading your latest post on the Citadel of the Edge, and found myself thinking, damn, I'd really, really love to see a map of that exterior. I'm looking forward to seeing it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad it was evocative (or weird) enough to merit some interest. I plan to detail a good chunk of the Citadel section by section (including maps, such as they are) over the next few weeks, as I can get things organized, written, and drawn well enough to share.

    ReplyDelete